Monday, November 19, 2012

Pampered Nails and Body

It was last week when I randomly browsed through my Metrodeal account and found out that I still have a couple an unused vouchers for a massage at a not so well known spa expiring in a week time (Nov 18). I honestly couldn't remember purchasing this deal until I eventually realized that it was because I used some of my account credits then and not through Paypal so I lost track of it. I immediately called the number and inquired about a possible extension but of course they refused. I decided to schedule the service last Saturday after work and just right before the coupon's expiration date. I asked my husband and daughter if they wanted to join but since I took the early Saturday 10am slot, they said no. :) I invited my long time spa buddy, Eva since we were due for massage the same weekend anyways and it didn't take her another viber message to say yes. (lol)

And so we went, it has been a while since we both visited The Forum a.k.a. Robinson's Pioneer and it was a surprise for us to discover a new nail and body treatment place situated at the busy 2nd floor. We arrived before they even opened the store so we were first to be assisted. We waited for about 15 minutes while our therapists prepared. We were asked to choose the treatment and massage oil we prefer, wherein we got four options, two of which you would need to pay additional PHP50 for. The receptionist was friendly and knowledgeable. She was able to explain to us the difference between our massage style and oil options and provided the benefits of all choices. I just don't understand why we were not allowed to upgrade what we initially purchased, we were willing to pay extra but it was not an option. I decided to get Swedish Massage and to use their Rain fall oil with a scent of lavender.

We were then ushered to our massage cubicle. I was initially given a space by the entrance door and when I requested for the one on the far end, the therapist agreed. The massage cubicle was average in size, the typical ones divided by curtains, with a massage bed, clothes hook and your own light that can be adjusted to your preference. Everything is in brown. They didn't have any lockers so you would need to hang your bag/stuff on the same hook but they will give you a hanger for your clothes. I was provided with the towel and bath robe since I wanted to take a shower prior to the massage and was properly assisted by a couple of therapists, consistently checking on what I need and how I was, until I finally headed to the shower room.

I was surprised with the size of their shower room, it was big given the compact place they have. It was clean, properly tiled, there was a water heater and a shower gel with dispenser. Shampoo and or conditioner was not available but it wasn't an issue for me since I avoid getting my hair and face wet anyways. There was also a small lavatory with a mirror and most importantly, the shower room smelled clean. I had no problem paying the additional PHP50 fee all in all.

I headed back to my massage cubicle where my therapist was waiting for me, and the treatment began right after I lay down and took my robe off. The therapist consistently checked on my pressure preference. I can feel that her hands were small but her strokes were really good. It may not be a massage that I will never forget but this one's worth its original price.

An hour later and I was offered with a cup of tea. I was just turned off when I was asked to get up and sit down instead after the treatment. I know that it was a form of urgency since they'd rather not have their customers fall asleep for practical reasons, but still, I would want to have the say to when shall I decide to start dressing up and leave the room as a paying customer. Good thing everything was a great experience so far so I let it go. And since my friend had to have her nails done as well, we stayed around an hour more at the place that gave us a chance to have a chitchat with some of their employees. 

The nail technician was friendly and answered all our curiosity. We learned that the place was just more or less six months old. This explains why their furniture and other relaxation paraphernalia are still almost brand new. They have a wide selection of nail polish: Orly, China Glaze, Sally Hansen, and they already offer the new Gel Polish from Orly too. Their prices were decent, given their posh place and uber comfortable nail treatment seats, plus WiFi is available so you won't get bored.

Was it a good deal - absolutely. Will I come back - yes. I am actually looking forward to trying out their nail care services, my friend was all positive about it.


Photo Credit: Pampered Nails and Body Facebook page

Shout out to the owner of the place for the interiors, the services, the brands and for hiring these talented and friendly staff. Crossing my fingers to a well maintained place and level of service. This was an awesome discovery for us. It's great to know a reputable R&R option we got at the Forum. See you all soon! :)



Pampered Nails and Body
Address: 2nd floor Robinsons Forum, EDSA corner Pioneer Street, Mandaluyong City
Last visit: November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment