Sunday, November 4, 2012

Nuat Thai

Yesterday, I got a chance to visit a fourth branch since I learned about this massage chain sometime last year. You can see them in almost every major road in the Quezon City area. It seemed like an average massage parlor from the outside, the typical ones that you might not even trust, but once you experience the surprising touch of haven they deliver, you would find yourself wanting to come back for more. Allow me give you a rundown of my experiences.

I learned about them through a discount and deals website. I remember it was a promo for a massage that's worth less than two hundred pesos, for a branch that's just a few minutes drive from where we live and/or their branch that's just within walking distance from where I work so I purchased three vouchers. Wellness and relaxation promos excite me the most since they are the ones that could cost you even up to your daily wage per treatment. So for me, half the price treatments for an establishment that's close to my home or office is always more than a double treat!

My first experience was with their Congressional Avenue branch. I had a hard time calling for reservations. This is maybe due to the number of people who purchased the same deal, trying to place reservations the same time I did. I finally got a chance to talk to someone, and reserve a slot when I decided to call their number on the first few minutes of their opening hour. We were able to get a reservation for our desired time, although it was outside the time frame indicated on the voucher's terms and conditions, they were kind enough to grant our request.

We arrived after dinner, around 9pm ready for the massage. I didn't know what to expect but I pretty much have an idea that given their price range, it might actually be just your average massage salon and it was. Their reception area is small, there's a couple's seat where you can wait, which is also the same area where you will be given a foot soak before anything else (good thing I anticipated that they might not have a shower room). We were provided with slippers, ushered to our massage cubicles and were asked to change to the massage clothes given.

It was a lot of firsts for me and my husband. It was our first time to visit such massage salon without locker rooms and amenities like sauna or jacuzzi. It was our first time to be in two separate cubicles, and also our first time to experience massage beds on the floor. But our biggest first that night was the fact that he got a masseur while I got a lesbian masseuse. That was I guess the most awkward part of our experience. Forgive us, but we were both not comfortable with the "gender" of our massage therapists. I was afraid that I might offend both of them so we let it pass and moved on with what we were there for - the massage. To our surprise, both therapists were really good. Their strokes and pressures were perfect! They were both really polite and professional too. We didn't feel harassed or anything and we were even looking forward to coming back.

I still have one voucher left then and I thought of trying their foot massage this time. Weeks after, I went to their Pearl Drive branch after work one afternoon after placing a reservation earlier that day. I remember that because of schedule challenges, the reservation I made was even days after the deadline of the deal but again, they gladly accommodated.

This branch seemed bigger with better interiors. I loved their lazy boy seats for foot massage sessions! It was really comfy and relaxing specially when fully reclined. I noticed as well that they also have lesbian employees here, like majority of them. I sort of have concluded that maybe their workforce is like this with the rest of their other branches. My first massage experience with them was a "wow" so it shouldn't be an issue. True enough, the foot massage was as heavenly as my Swedish massage experience. It was similar to the foot massage I had from Let's Face It a few years ago. They used a wood stick for the pressure points on your foot combined with a relaxing rub up to your lower legs. It also includes a few minutes of hand, head and shoulder massage which made the whole experience definitely worth trying. I felt so relieved after an hour even without the whole body pamper. I couldn't wait to try their other branches and services as soon as I left.

Lucky enough I was able to purchase another massage deal, for their newly opened Pasig-Shaw Blvd branch this time. I brought my daughter along since she has started to love getting massages herself at this early age. The store has a similar setup with the one in Pearl Drive but theirs is pretty brand new. They don't have a waiting area so they let us sit at the comfy lazy boys they use for foot massage as our therapists prep our massage cubicles. They have a shower room complete with water heater and toiletries, very basic but nice and clean. We both got female therapists this time and the massage was as good as before. My daughter rated it as the best she experienced by far. :)

It has been a while since my last visit. I've been wanting to go back to Nuat Thai since my last awful massage experience (read here). So my friend and I scheduled a visit and this time, it is to their biggest branch in the city, Tomas Morato. I've read a lot of positive reviews about the place. Although yesterday wasn't my first time at Nuat Thai, it was my first time to finally try their signature Thai Massage. And since we felt that a spa visit wouldn't feel complete without the usual Swedish, we decided to do an hour each of both.

Tomas Morato branch is really huge. It's two storey and I saw a number of massage cubicles even just by the first floor. The setup is pretty similar to the other branches, their signature foot massage chairs and massage beds on the floor for example, but they offer more space here and they have free wifi. Since our schedule was on their first hour after opening, there's not much customers yet and we were able to get on with the treatment right away.

The Thai Massage was pure bliss! i don't think I have tried this approach in the past on its own but I really see myself getting it regularly. It's a dry massage that focuses on pressure or stress points with a little stretching and it was worth every moment of it. I really felt relieved, that kind of relief that I haven't felt from a massage in a long time. I mean I love the hilot approach of Swedish which is why I've been loyal to it since, but Thai massage might actually be the one that would work best for me. I even thought of dropping the other hour for Swedish since I already felt too good, but since I knew it would add up to the satisfaction, I went on and I'm so happy I did.


Price list and location of Tomas Morato branch:



Nuat Thai may not pass the five star spa standards in terms of facilities, but they deliver genuine relaxation by getting the job well done. They have branches in several locations and their salons, although not spotless, are all hygienic and well maintained, plus their staff are all courteous and accommodating. On top of all that, you wouldn't need to spend a fortune to experience a massage that might just be the best one you've been looking for.




Nuat Thai Foot and Body Massage
Addresses:
Unit 2 & 3 MVGI Building #34, Congressional Ave., Quezon City
Unit C2/F 8101 Pearl Plaza Bldg., Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Unit G02 & G04 TCI Tower, West Capitol Drive cor. Stella Maris St., Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City
277 Tomas Morato Avenue Corner Scout Limbaga Street, Quezon City, Philippines
Last visit: November 2012

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear. This post make me crave for a massage like right now. I'll definitely check Nuat Thai out. Great review mars! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure they have a branch near you, here's the list: http://nuatthaiph.com/branches.html
      And I know Marvin nor Cyrus wouldn't mind you taking an hour or two of me time every now and then. :)

      Thanks for stopping by, mars! xo

      Delete
  2. Glad that you enjoyed your spa experience in Nuat Thai Tomas Morato branch.. Do try their create your own spa experience next time.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure will, thanks for the tip! And thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I love their experience so far at Nuat thai because of their massage and service. That's why I've been a regular at their Makati branch! :P

    And will try their other branches this time, saw their promo posted on Metrodeal and I think it's a great bargain! lookie here! Nuat Thai

    ReplyDelete