Sunday, October 21, 2012

Callospa Resort

Spa and Massages are extremely popular nowadays. I guess if you even try to randomly conduct a survey, 9 out of 10 people would opt to visit the spa than the gym. This is probably why we see more of them than fitness centers. They are everywhere literally, there's a spa salon within walking distance from both my home and office.

With the number of spa and massage options we have today, add to that the countless deals you could find online, sometimes it's sad that these establishments again do not live up to good first impressions. A perfect example would be the place where I had my most unforgettable massage experience with, Antipolo city's Callospa.

I have been wanting to visit them again for the longest time, but since I got tons of other nearby options, the plan was continuously being delayed. I've been curious about how they are doing now. Last month I searched for bloggers / spa enthusiasts who have paid them a visit just recently. Since I was there a couple of years ago, the time difference can tell whether or not they have lost their serenity.

I got mixed reviews. So far, every single blog I've read seemed to be written by "paying" customers, if you know what I mean. It's just strange that some of them actually visited the place in almost the same season, but their views were different. It's a good thing majority of them are still on the positive note. My blog about their place got quite a number of hits through the years, this could be a proof that they have gained popularity, consumers are curious of who they are. Sharing with you an excerpt of the review I wrote in August of 2010:

It was just a couple of hours drive, thanks to the deceiving map from their website (lol). It was an interesting place. Imagine Fernwood Gardens with a pool and spa services. You would really feel like you're closer to nature. It was a resort/spa/events venue kinda place. There was even a couple who arrived a little after us for their pre-nups since the place was just perfect for weddings. 
We then altogether laid on their massage beds and experienced their Signature Massage (Swedish-Shiatsu-Reflex-Thai) and man, it was, hands down, the best massage you could ever imagine and wish for! Their massage was even the only part of the whole trip we enjoyed so much! 
If not for the massage, it wouldn't be worth the trip. Their amenities were not that well maintained, the place wasn't spotless clean, I've experience better-less expensive scrubs from other more maintained and freshly scented spas, plus, their manicure and pedicure gave us nothing but disappointments. But their massage - bow! :) Their Signature Massage is definitely the only reason why we are going back to this secluded place again.
For the complete story of our experience and a documentary-level of photos taken (lol) head to my multiply site while you can:
http://nicoledgoddess.multiply.com/photos/album/418/

I wish to be able to find the time to come back to the place, hopefully at least before the year ends. I have been craving for their signature massage since our last visit. I've been everywhere, from the high end spas to some hole-in-the-wall massage parlors the past couple of years, but I still have not found a place that could top their signature massage as of writing. Once I got that chance, I will quickly let you know how it went. :)


Callospa Resort
Address: Address: Marigman Road. Colaique, Antipolo City, Philippines 6007
Date of visit: August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment